Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reading of the Book of Mormon

I set a goal last week to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I have noticed that I have been struggling lately with feeling the Spirit and realized I haven't been as diligent with scripture study. So, I am trying to be a little more diligent. I figured that if I read in the Book of Mormon and posted my impressions here, then it would help me work harder and hopefully achieve my goal. So, here goes...

This week I have been trying to read 8 pages a day. For those of you who are mothers of young children, you can appreciate how difficult this can be at times. I've found that for me, the best thing to do is to read early in the morning and try to finish before my daughters wake up.

Today I was reading in 2 Nephi chapters 1-4. I have loved 2 Nephi 4 for many years. I love it because it is the only time you hear Nephi really speak of his difficulties. Yet, even in writing of his weaknesses, he makes it a point to then say in verse 19, "Nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted." Nephi then goes on to speak of the many blessings he received at the Lord's hand

This chapter reminds me of the need to focus on all my Father has given me. Like Nephi, I too have struggled with different things. My life is not always easy. But, like Nephi I also have experienced a lot of blessings. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and two beautiful girls. I have the privilege of staying home and raising these girls. I get to see them grow and change. My husband has a job during these difficult economic times and we have money to pay for all our needs. I could just keep going, naming all the blessings the Lord has seen fit to give me. I think I'll end, though, remembering that despite all my hard times, I know that the Lord is there to help and guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment