Thursday, November 5, 2009

Keep on Reading

I've been visiting my parents this week, so it's been a little difficult to keep up my reading schedule. Today I was able to sit and read in the Book of Mormon for quite a while. It was refreshing. I think my favorite verse, or part of a verse, was 2 Nephi 9:51. Jacob is talking to the Nephites and he tells them that they should "feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness." I LOVE that it tells us that our souls should delight in fatness. Bring on the Cake!! :) What I really like about this verse is that it tells us we should feast on the scriptures and on the word of God until we are FaT, not just until we are filled. I need to just be devouring the word of God like I consumed all sorts of fattening things when I was pregnant. And, as I eat myself into scripture heaven, I should delight in it. It just gives me a whole different perspective on scripture study. I shouldn't dread it, I should delight in it. And, I shouldn't stop after I've received the one spiritual prompting for the day, I should just keep on reading until I am truely delighting in the fatness of the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment